As Christians, we are constantly working to live in accordance with the Bible and apply Biblical teaching to a daily stream of scientific discovery. Evangelical Christians know that our call to care for God’s gift of the garden is the original covenant we were given. We also know that we break that covenant over and over. Thankfully, God is the forgiving parent of the prodigal son. He continues to renew his affirmation with us through the extension of grace.Read more
At EEN Moms, we believe in uplifting and supporting Moms who are making a difference. From nurturing your children, leading groups at church, volunteering and bringing home the bacon, you do all of it. We are grateful for your enthusiasm and passion. We also know you are on social media encouraging, lifting, supporting and inspiring, but sometimes a little help with social media can be welcomed. We have created a series of memes that you should feel to share. If you share, tag the post with #healthycreation, we like and share your post. Just right click to download.
I used to start off each year with a list of New Year’s Determinations (the idea of resolutions drives me crazy). Intentionally, I chose determinations because, by golly, I was going to do them! Perhaps not perfectly, but I was going to do them. For the most part I did instill those small changes and they have stuck.Read more
Getting Started with Creation Care
If you are new to creation care or just want to learn more we've put together a list of ways that you can get started.
- Learn more about the Evangelical Environmental Network (ministry overview, key staff, and more)
- Learn more about Young Evangelicals for Climate Action (the premier young evangelical initiative of the Evangelical Environmental Network)
- The Basics of Creation Care (a q&a guide on some common questions people ask about creation care)
- An Evangelical Declaration on the Care of Creation (the foundational statement for those engaged in the ministry of creation care)
- Loving the Least of These (a paper by the National Association of Evangelicals focused on the biblical basis for Christian engagement, the science of a changing environment, how climate affects the poor, and practical ways to move forward)
- Climate Change Evidence and Causes (an interactive guide from the Royal Society and the US National Academy of Sciences)
- Creation Care Champions (a great way to get personally involved with a network of Christians who are hoping to engage their neighbors and make a difference on creation-care)
- Caring for Creation Book (co-authored by EEN President and CEO, Mitch Hescox, this book serves as the evangelicals guide to climate change and a healthy environment)
- The Creation Care Blog (covers a wide range of topics and conversations)
- Subscribe to EEN Today! (sign up to receive email updates)
- Give (a meaningful way to partner with EEN and support creation care)
- Videos on climate change and creation care.
- Like and follow EEN on Facebook and Twitter
Creation Care Sermon Starters and Devotionals
- July 2017: Restoration is Coming.
- August 2017: Tending to the Garden.
- September 2017: Shout It From the Mountaintop.
- February 2018: Christ, Creator