EEN is looking for a committed, faith-driven Communications Director to oversee communication efforts, provide leadership for education initiatives, engage on policy efforts, and assume development duties under the direction of the President/C.E.O.
Below is the job description and instructions for how to apply.
Position: Communications Director
Employment: Fulltime salaried position
Term: Position starts immediately and serves at the discretion of President with 30-day notice
The Communications Director will oversee communication efforts, provide leadership for education initiatives, engage on policy efforts, and assume development duties under the direction of the President/C.E.O.
The Communication Director will work under the supervision of Senior Director, Outreach and closely with the President/C.E.O., Executive Vice-President, and administrative staff and shall be responsible for the following functions:
- Oversee and develop EEN/YECA’s web, social media, and all other communications.
- Serve as press contact person for both EEN/YECA.
- Assist in developing new donors and foundations, cultivate existing donors and regular donor emails;
- Manage Nation Builder, all email data bases, social media accounts, develop and implement a plan to increase the usable number of grass-roots emails as part of the quarterly communications plan;
- Prepare updates, reports on efforts for funders and Board of Directors as requested.
- Create weekly and timely emails to our data base in partnership with the EEN/YECA staff;
- Develop a quarterly media plan for the President’s approval and implement once approved.
- Coordinate policy education work in collaboration with the President, Executive Vice-President, and Senior Director, Outreach
- Produce videos, graphics, and other design materials to communicate our message more effectively;
- Assist in the development of EEN/YECA media or policy statements and insure their access on our websites and social media accounts;
- Release press statements and post/send to appropriate venues/reporters;
- Track & produce media reports for EEN/YECA monthly;
- Be responsible for all external communications;
- Editor, EEN’s Online newsletter;
- Manage and assist outside vendors and partners regarding all communications;
- Actively engage and promote EEN’s networking capacity;
- As directed by the President/C.E.O. represent EEN at selected meetings, conferences, and seminars;
- Meet regularly with Senior Director, Outreach to discuss ongoing work;
The Communications Director shall function within EEN/YECA team and contribute to our overall success through:
- Regular participation in staff conferences and calls;
- Valuing and respecting the input of all staff;
- Assisting in the timely preparation of grant proposals, grant/other reporting, budgets, and other administrative matters;
- Providing analysis and input to strategic plans and campaigns;
- Assuming other tasks as assigned by the President to fulfill EEN’s mission and vision.
Skills, Education, & Training
- Skilled in writing and speech communications;
- Creative thought processes and aptitude
- Proficient in
- Word or Similar word processing software
- Graphic & Video Design
- Excel or other spreadsheet software
- Latest social media trends and platforms
As a faith-based 501(c) 3 ministry, all EEN/YECA Staff must affirm:
- The National Association of Evangelicals Statement of Faith
- The Lausanne’s Movement Cape Town Commitment
- Evangelical Declaration on the Care of Creation
- The Declaration of The Evangelical Climate Initiative
Interested parties will submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.